I love lists, especially when it comes to learning. The list below was the result of a quick brainstorming session about the advantages of delivering a great customer service experience. I came up with many more, but wanted to create the “Top Ten List” for you.
- Amazing customer service builds credibility, trust and confidence, which can lead to customer loyalty.
- It can help the marketing and sales budget. It costs less to keep existing customers than it does to create new ones.
- Delivering amazing service creates a buzz, word-of-mouth marketing and referrals, again helping the marketing budget.
- Delivering amazing customer service can lead to existing customers buying more.
- Customer service saves money. When you do it right the first time, you don’t have to fix it the next time.
- Customer service can give your company an advantage over competitors.
- Amazing customer service can make price less relevant.
- Customer service focused companies are usually employee focused companies, thereby creating a better place to work. That means lower turnover, which could mean savings in hiring, training and more.
- Customer service superstar companies are usually more profitable than the ones that aren’t.
- Customer service helps get and keep customers… because without customers, you don’t have a business.
As you look at the list, what other ideas and strategies do you think about? I would love for you to send me what you would add to the list. As an incentive, when you send me your submission you will receive a 20 page report – actually what I call a “manifesto” – about “The Cult of the Customer.” It contains a synopsis of the five phases/cults both employees and customers go through on their way to creating “Amazement.” It also contains excerpts from my new speech based on the book.
Shep Hyken, CSP, CPAE is the Chief Amazement Officer of Shepard Presentations. As a professional speaker and author, Shep helps companies develop loyal relationships with their customers and employees. For more information on Shep’s speaking programs and books, please contact (314) 692-2200. Email: email@example.com Web: www.hyken.com. For information on customer service training, go to www.TheCustomerFocus.com.